I know who I am and I make no apologies for it. Like it, or not.
Some are things I’ve always hated but felt I had to do, and others are impulses I’ve learned to curb through practice and years gone by. I haven't figured it all out yet...but I know one thing, I am wise beyond my years!
Here are just a few things I’m so over:
- Wearing control top pantyhose
- Wearing pantyhose, period..unless I'm interviewing
- Buying random gifts for people who can't afford to do the same
- Giving advice to people who've already made up their minds
- Downplaying my success
- Loaning money I REALLY do not have. NO ONE has "extra money"
- Spending time w/people out of obligation
- Flirting back to be polite
- Guessing what someone is trying to say
- Reading into what 'he' does say
- Teaching a man 'how to date'
- Pretending that I remember everyone’s names
- Wondering if someone liked me
- Wondering if he’ll call
- Wondering if I got the job
- Staying to the bitter end because I think I might miss something
- Eating too little so I’d be thinner
- Eating too much because I was starving
- Wearing too little and freeze my ass off
- Comparing my life to others
- Answering the phone when I’m busy
- Having a long drawn out convo by texting. CALL ME! Texts are 1-liners!
- Wondering for more than a minute if I’ve caused offense
- Saying yes when I really want to say no, and no when I want to say yes
- Second guessing myself
- Punishing myself for not going to the gym. WHATEVER, just do it tomorrow.
- Giving him a 3rd chance
- Explaining my decisions to those who are clearly clueless!
What are some of the habits and hangups you’re glad to have left behind? ~E