Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mavens and Misfits - August Edition

To know me is to know I LOVE fashion.
However, I am not a label hound. I just like what looks best on me.
I truly believe in creating your own style...not following the trend.
I fell into the trend of ponchos and shrugs but I have since rid my closet of all the junk so that I can create my own personal style that will be timeless.
There are a few celebrities who nail it. There are also those who miss...by a longshot. So every month, I will give my picks on the fashion mavens and misfits.
I decided to kick off this month's blog with Michelle Obama.

No matter what your political views, you can't deny this woman's classy yet sassy style.

Michelle Obama gets her body and knows how to dress it.








She's been compared to the likes of Jackie O with a twist. I love how she manages to look pulled together whether she is on a stage or a beach.
Whether she's in a sheath dress (my fav) or a tank and slacks, Michelle is definitely the one to watch.


Now.........for the Fashion Misfit.....





What in the Jackson 5 hell is going on with the King of Pop?!!! This is a picture of him from Wednesday, August 27 at Planet Hollywood.
Yes..he was in a public place...in half tux, half pajama pant. This man is a prime example of how a maven can easily drift into a misfit.
Back in the day, Michael Jackson was THE style icon. My mom had one of those infamous Thiller jackets. So did just about every other person around the world. He had people walking out of the house with one glove (and if it was a glitter glove, you were the ish!)
Though his style wasn't for everyone, it was respected by all. To me, that's what style is all about. This mess... is just a bundle of laziness and craziness!
Get it together Michael!--
Those are my picks for this month. I would love for you to weigh in. Or, let me know who should make September's list for mavens and misfits.
Stay Tuned...Elise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails